The complex for paperless polysomnography.
(C) SMF MBN, Moscow and Charite Clinics, Humboldt University, Berlin, 1996-2000.
The Hera is an extensive diagnostic system for clinical and scientific needs. Based on a highly efficient computer system, polysomnographic recordings and their evaluations can be made precisely and user-friendly archived.
|The Hera allows to complete the recording and real time display of
following data channels:
The setting of the channels with their amplifier parameters, critical frequencies and sampling rates (up to 1000 Hz) are individually selectable.
|The system complies with the recommendations of the
International Society on Sleep Studies.
|• 3D localization of the
pathological activity sources in the volume of the brain. Comparison with MRT and CT
images. Dipole models with 1 or 2 sources.
• Highly efficient patient data base
• Computer-controlled video system with synchronous signal recording
• Multi-operation system (with connection to network)
|The Hera system software is based on the IBM-PC compatible operating systems Windows 95/98/NT. The program functionality includes the following steps:|
|• Configuration of the system (definition of the
channels, of recording parameters like filter values and sensitivities and the screen
• Visualization of the sleep derivation on the screen in real time operation with the possibility to review during the recording
• Inspection of the sleep derivation on the screen after the recording is finished for visumanual pre-scoring
• Evaluating with the user-specifically defined parameters, either automatically or manually, as well as reclassification of the automatic analysis with extensive possibilities to edit
• Presentation of the results on the screen and print-out of reports by a laser printer like trend displays, diagrams, tabular forms
• Administration and archiving of the patient data, recording and evaluation on magneto optical disc (MOD) or writeable compact disc (CD-R)
|Different functions of the system software use
further Windows applications, like MS-WinWord, MS-Excel and MS-Access. The use of these
well-known Microsoft programs gives the following advantages:
• The handling is easy
By means of this you have the best-possible data safety without abstaining to the handling comfort; and the advantages of the latest program version. A future-oriented solution for your data!Following some features of the Hera software are explained in detail.
During the signal recording it is possible alternatively to
1. display the recording
Alter completing the recording, analysis can be done automatically for all recorded signals to pre-defined evaluation criteria. If is possible to start the analysis after visumanual scoring or directly after the recording is finished.
The display of the signals and the analysis results are shown on the display screen in
two different time frames, which can be changed within wide limits. During the replaying
of the recorded signals the user is able to:
|Data processing:Included in the automatic signal analysis are:
• EEG, (alpha-, beta-, delta-, theta-, wave-, spindles, K-complexes)
• EOG, (REM. NONREM)
• EMG of chin and leg, LM and PLM
• ECG, (bradycardia, tachycardia)
• Respiratory parameters (obstructive, central and mixed apnea, hypopnea, periodical respiration)
• Oxygen saturation
• Body position
• Snoring sound
• nCPAP - pressure
• Arousal detection
• Automatic drawing of a hypnogram
|Editing of events:
With the visumanual scoring the user is able to mark events quickly on the corresponding signals via the mouse or a single key stroke. The events, found by the automatic analysis and marked at the corresponding signal, can be quickly reclassified or deleted.
An additional program enables the determination of a user-specific key setting for the different events.
The result of the manual and/or automatic analysis will be displayed by the reports. These reports can be made individually by a user-friendly report generator.
The following trend curves, diagrams, statistics and chart diagrams are available:
A. General data
B. Trend curves
C. Diagrams and charts
|Video recording:Optionally the Hera complex can be supplied with a video monitoring system. This
can include daylight as well as infrared-light cameras. The control of the video recorder
is integrated in the system software. The displaying of the video picture is possible on
an external video monitor or in a window on the evaluation monitor (picture-in-picture
Multi-operation-system (network solution):
Multi-operation-systems can be realized by building up a network or by incorporating the system in an already existing network. By later incorporation of further recording stations and / or further workplaces the system is able to grow accordingly to the individual requirements of the Sleep Lab.
In this case all data can be transmitted from one recording station via network, and after working on them be archived centrally.
Hera supports the incorporation / building of two network types.